Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1988

14 December 1988

Merry Christmas! It is with hesitant anticipation that I approach Advent and Christmas. I enjoy the extra baking, the shopping, the card-mailing and receiving, the get-togethers and parties; the concerts, Madrigal dinner, the decorations and lights; but is that what God intended? Can all that be combined with the Worship and Adoration of the Christ-Child? Perhaps so, as long as we remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

January - a couple of trips to Mpls-St. Paul - Vince was considering a change of location but decided against it so we are still here in Iowa.

February - I flew to Charleston, S.C. to entertain Heather and help her welcome her new brother. Andrew Keith was born February 14.

March - Jené, Vince and I drove to S.C. during Spring Break - Grandpa had to see that new grandson, too. We also had a trip to Montreal for a Dental Meeting.

June - 2 weeks at a lake in Mn., my sisters and families, my folks, Arik and Jené joining us for the first week. Dawn and Bob, Heather and Andy there for most of both weeks. Bob's new orders were to report to Fort Leavenworth, KS July 1. It's been fun having them so close - we've seen them at least every month.

August - spent a week at Windom with the folks - visiting relatives, etc. Looked up a high school classmate (I hadn't seen her since our 5-yr. reunion) one day on our way to visit my sister in Mankato. My cousin (Mom's 1st cousin) gave me some letters in Norwegian written by my gr. gr. grandfather to his son, my gr. grandfather. What fun to have!

Sept., Oct., Nov., - football games, concerts: we've heard Moscow Symphony, Marvin Hamlisch, Robert Goulet in South Pacific, Debbie Reynolds, Canadian Brass, Mark Williams in Oklahoma!, among others.

Our kids:

Dawn, Bob, Heather and Andy will be in Kansas until June 1, then maybe heading for Guam. We've never visited Guam.

Mark - received his DMA in Voice Performance at U of I, Champaign, Ill. presently teaching at Millikin Univ., Decatur.

Arik - still living and working in LA - hopes to get home in June.

Jené - practice teaching next semester; graduating from UNI in May, marrying John Daub in June - both of them hoping to find teaching positions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment