Tuesday, December 15, 2015

2015

December 10, 2015

Dear Mark and Junel,

May you have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! It is difficult to know where to start - so many who are on my Christmas Card list are also on my e-mail list. So what I write here, you may have already read.

But a review:

We drove to northern Pennsylvania the end of May to see grandson Andrew and to meet his bride, Samantha; and of course to see the rest of the Boyd family. We won't be driving east to visit Dawn and Bob any more - they have moved to San Antonio, TX and live quite close to Heather and Xav. We plan to drive down to see them over the holidays.

In June, we flew to Reno (Carson City) to visit Mark and family. He and Roslyn were in the show, Beauty and the Beast. Roslyn was the little cup with a chip. She's a budding actress. It was fun to see that.

Arik and his family came here in March (their spring break) for a visit. It is so much fun to see those 3 granddaughters “growing up.”

BrandiAnne graduated from the community college in Mason City in May, so we were up there to see her graduation. She is now enrolled at the University of Northern Iowa.

And we have been to Traer a few times - in October for J.T.'s confirmation where we heard the best confirmation sermon ever. The Archbishop spoke directly to the “kids” and he had them listening!

We were up there again for Thanksgiving and J.T.'s birthday, right on the day!

And of course, several times to Decorah: Nordic Fest, etc.

We've barely just begun to think about starting to go through files and drawers to see what should be given away or trashed or whatever. It was about August 1989 when we got a computer and printer and I wrote my weekly-or-so letter to the kids, sending each of them a copy. I found files of those copies I had made for me, too, the other day. I've started reading through them - wow! I think they go through 1998. Uffda! So that must have been when we started using e-mail.

Something I have done is made a computer file of the letters I wrote from Norway the semester Vince spent there doing research. My sister Sharon had shared them with others but asked for them back and saved them for me. And just the other day, I found the diary I kept the summer the family spent on Anguilla, where Vince did some dentistry. There was no dentist on the island. Maybe I should publish?

Anyway, have a blessed Christmas!

1 comments:

Mark D. Williams said...

To be accurate Roslyn's performance in Beauty and the Beast as Chip was with the Wild Horse Children's Theater group of which I was not a part. I was conducting LTCC's performances of Pippin that weekend.

However, in November, she and I performed together for the first time in Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company's production of Mary Poppins where I played Mr. Banks and she was part of the ensemble.

Post a Comment